Sterile, clean – Exactly what you need.
Green Needle x 10
Out of stock
SKU: mok8-a42 Category: Buy Needles & Syringes
Green Needle 10 x Needles 21g x 1.5
Green Needle come in different sizes depending on the dose of insulin you need.
Where do I inject insulin?
You can inject insulin into your abdomen, upper arm, buttocks, hip, and the front or side of the thigh. Insulin works fastest when it is injected into the abdomen.
- Do not inject insulin into areas where you have a wound or bruising. Insulin injected into wounds or bruises may not get into your body correctly.
- Use a different area within the site each time you inject insulin. For example, inject insulin into different areas in your abdomen. Insulin injected into the same area can cause lumps, swelling, or thickened skin.
- Clean the skin where you will inject the insulin. You can use an alcohol pad or a cotton swab dipped in alcohol.
- Grab a fold of your skin. Gently pinch the skin and fat between your thumb and first finger.
- Insert the needle straight into your skin. Do not hold the syringe at an angle. Make sure the needle is all the way into the skin. Let go of the pinched tissue.
- Push down on the plunger to inject the insulin. Press on the plunger until the insulin is gone. Keep the needle in place for 5 seconds after you inject the insulin.
- Pull out the needle. Press on your injection site for 5 to 10 seconds. Do not rub. This will keep insulin from leaking out.
- Throw away your used insulin syringe as directed. Do not recap the syringe before you throw it away.
How can I decrease pain when I inject green needles?
- Inject insulin at room temperature. If the insulin has been stored in the refrigerator, remove it 30 minutes before you inject it.
- Remove all air bubbles from the syringe before the injection.
- If you clean your skin with an alcohol pad, wait until it has dried before you inject insulin.
- Relax the muscles at the injection site.
- Do not change the direction of the needle during insertion or removal.